Proxa Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates proxa.cc (“Proxa”), the “Sites”. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the Site.
Clients (“Users”): users who request the help of experts on the Site.
Account managers: experts who provide services to Clients or otherwise make content available on the Site.
1. Information We Collect and Receive
1.1 Information You Give Us
This is information you actively give us while taking certain actions on our Site, such as creating an account, filling out your profile, submitting a form and completing payment events.
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain pieces of personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information (“personal information” or “personal data”) may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, profile photo, and payment information.
Through use of the Site, you may also provide us with data that is not personally identifiable (“non-identifying data”). This includes additional profile information, such as: your expertise, timezone, and language.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Platform and Payment Services
In addition to information provided by you, we also collect information when you use the Platform, including usage information and log data.
When you use the Site, we collect information about your interactions with the Platform, such as requests posted, session history, freelance jobs and pages viewed.
Log Data and Device Information
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
2. Use of Personal Information
2.1 How We Use Personal Information
- To send emails and other communications. We may use your email, name, and other information to send you notification emails and important Site reminders.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation. We may use your personal information if required by law. An example of this is the collection and use of tax information for account managers.
- To provide, improve, maintain, and develop the Site and Services. For example, we use information collected from account managers’ expertise and clients’ requests to recommend account managers for jobs.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
- To maintain and display your public profile. Every user and mentor has a public profile on Proxa. We display both information you provide us and information we collect. If you don’t want your profile to be public or indexed by search engines, please reach out to our team.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. We may display targeted marketing and promotional messaging to promote our Services or Site. This includes, but is not limited to, emails, in-app notifications, web and browser notifications, and displays.
- For data analysis purposes, we may use aggregated client and account manager data to view trends across time to aid our product development.
- For testimonials and success stories. We may reveal your personal information as part of our testimonials and success stories. We will only ever do this with your explicit permission.
2.2 Disclosure of Personal Information to Third-Party Services
We may disclose your personal information to third-party services who act as our service providers or advertising partners. For example, we may provide your email address to Sendgrid, our email and newsletter service provider, in order to send you notifications and other emails.
3. Data Storage, Retention, and Security
Your Personal Information is password protected and our main servers are locked and hosted by leading third-party vendors, such as Heroku and Amazon. Access to the host environment is secure. We maintain two types of logs: server logs and event logs. By using our Services or Site, you authorise us to transfer, store, and use your information in Hong Kong SAR and any other country where we operate.
We may retain personal information under circumstances including but not limited to:
- When we have legal obligations that retain this data
- If we suspect there is fraud or scam
- If you have an ongoing dispute with a mentor or client
We take the security of your personal information very seriously, but no method of transmission over the Internet or of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Contact Us